stream match

Saturday 8 October 2016

I never Campaigned for Buhari - BasketMouth


Popular comedian, Bright Okpocha, otherwise known as
Basketmouth has debunked rumors that he was one of
the advocates for the emergence of Buhari’s
administration.
The comedian had received comments from fans who
allegedly blamed him for condemning the government
he voted for after he aired his thoughts over the CBN’s
new money transfer policy.
Clearing the air, he took to his Instagram page
@basketmouth, and wrote: “I think it’s best I use this
medium to clear the issue of “campaigns” and “support”
now
“While many of my colleagues, friends and family
members campaigned for the PDP, APC and various
candidates during the last elections (and I cannot
emphasize enough that it is their RIGHT to do so),
”I never campaigned for BUHARI or any other politician.
“All those saying that I did should do everything within
their power to “THINK”.
“I know thinking can be a very difficult task for some
but trust me; it can be a painless and enlightening
process. ‘
“Think‘ of when I ever campaigned for BUHARI.
“Indeed I personally hoped that he would win the
election but I did not campaign for him.
“Nigeria was in a bad place by the end of the last
administration and it was only a matter of time before
we would have suffered the plights of Brazil and
Venezuela.
“Truth of the matter is that I would have voted anyone
that could speak two words of English against Ex-
president Goodluck Jonathan and that’s strictly based
on the amount of greed and selfishness we witnessed
from members of his administration in the 6 years that
he sat on the rock. They put us in this Septic tank we
are in right now…..well, that and the oil price downfall
amongst other things.
“I have said it numerous times that I am not a politician
hence I try not to dabble in politics. However I think a
few people interpret crying out against injustice by the
one as campaign for the other.
“When the Late FELA KUTI and BOB MARLEY cried out
against the injustices in their days, were they being
partisan? Of course not. They were just being HUMAN!
“I am forever grateful to God for blessing me with a
flourishing career, a beautiful family, food on my table
and small change in my pocket. However I see too many
people everyday who have not been so lucky to travel
and see the way things are outside Nigeria/Africa. I
have seen how GOVERNMENT can influence and affect
the lives of the downtrodden positively. I am still
patient, praying and hoping that PMB can turn Nigeria’s
economy around and help strengthen Nigeria’s social
justice system.
“Not so I can cheer him and be vindicated that I was
right and some were wrong, but so my friends, family
members and well-wishers who haven’t been favored as
others can have renewed hope in our country Nigeria
and the brotherhood we have enjoyed in this
generation.
“Even the United States went through a tough recession
in 2008 and with some patience they have been able to
turn that around.
“So long story short, did I campaign for PMB? NO!
“Do I support and pray that his administration should
succeed and improve the life of the common man,
increase security, food, jobs, infrastructure, quality of
education, healthcare and every other area that will
make Nigerians proud wherever they may find
themselves? YES!
“On the other hand, should he and his party fail, we are
all free to cast our votes for the next man come 2019
and I shall be exercising that right.
“No need for quarrel.”

No comments:

Post a Comment